Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Found: Old Poetry

Rummaging through some old writings from a few months ago I found this poem. I rewrote it and changed some lines, but some of its meaning still resounds to me.

I soak up the heat of the sole beacon,
Relishing the ephemeral light.
The demon still looms,
Threatening my light, my love, my soul.
How can I prevent the collision?,
The blending of the dark with the light.
How can I grasp the warmth without letting go?

I was assured, the light transcends the dark.
That the sun will rise and my face will flush.
The pallid dread will subside, and I'll survive.
Don't let the warmth die in the internal war.
Love won't judge humans in true form.
I won't deny the war, but see through.
Grasp the light, overcome life's obstacle.
Then, "take it and never give it back."

But the darkness never leaves.
It hides in shadows, it waits, it lingers.
Only to rip further into what's left.
Nothing left but emptiness.
Your light fades as my life drains.



Not the most positive of poems, I realize.
More to come,
L. Soleil

No comments:

Post a Comment