Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An Introduction

Who am I?

My name is Liam Soleil. I'm here to write, to express, and to illuminate. Through this blog, I want to get my opinion out into the world in this minuscule way. I'm only 18, and I don't plan on enlightening anyone, or even writing well. All I want to do is express.

Having lived as full a life as possible for an 18-year-old, I feel like I can draw upon my experiences to bring a new opinion and a new outlook on life. I'm an idealist, so call me a dreamer if you will. It's not a lie to claim my head is in the clouds. My head has been in the clouds all of my life, and I know, more than I know anything else in my life, that this is the only reason that I've been able to get through some of the hardest parts of my life. My idealism is a defense, and I know no defense greater.

If you're looking for a reality trip, you're in the wrong place. I apply my idealistic values to real-world situations, rather than applying realistic ideas to an ideal world. The facts remain that we live in an "un-ideal" world; however, my goal is to make the real world more tolerable.

I'm unashamed to admit that my life goal is to save the world. Call me crazy. I've planned my future to best achieve this. I'm starting with college. Then, the Peace Corps. My immediate goal after these endeavors is to teach and provide guidance for our struggling youth in impoverished cities and countries around the world. If this isn't saving the world in my own way, then what is?

I also plan on writing. Not only on this blog or in my journal, but writing to reach people. Reach them in their hands, through their eyes, and into their hearts. Writing is the only gift of expression granted to me, and I plan on utilizing it for as long as I get to walk the Earth.

Granted, you may not believe all that I've said. In fact, you shouldn't. However, if you intend to read my posts and follow my stream-of-consciousness, I ask you to believe in, or at least try to understand the ideals that I am striving to put into words.

Until next time,
L. Soleil

No comments:

Post a Comment